Wednesday, May 1, 2013

From Caterpillar to Butterfly (part 2)

Before beginning any research I went over the basic uses of of a computer and how things work. This student caught on very quickly and I was quite impressed. Since he is such a young student, I was able to help steer him in the right direction for his research. As much as I could, I modeled what I wanted the student to do so that he could see what was expected.

My student not only wanted to do research but he really wanted to watch videos on how this process happened. I showed him a couple different videos on YouTube. This student also loves books and reading or hearing stories so we watched a reading of 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' also.

Once we learned about the process we did an art activity where we drew what the caterpillar looked like at each stage. We also read books about it, and acted it out to check for understanding. It is always important to try different methods of checking for understanding just to make sure the student is really grasping it.

No comments:

Post a Comment